The below factors contribute to website speed and should be analyzed and corrected as needed:
Disclosure: I get a small commission for purchases made via links to 3rd parties within this guide. No extra cost to you!
- Hosting: Very important to be on a reputable provider that focuses on speed.
Two solid choices are WPEngine and SiteGround.
- PHP version: Update to the latest version
- WordPress Version: Update to the latest version
- Theme: Very important that the theme is lightweight and focuses on speed.
- Plugins: More Plugins = slower website! Remove what you don’t need and update the rest to the latest version.
- Image Sizing: If images are too large (in dimensions), it has a huge impact on performance.
- Image Compression: If images are too large (in file size), it has a huge impact on performance.
- CDN: If your customers are spread out geographically, a CDN should be used.
- Caching: Optimize caching to deliver content from a static location.
- Lazy loading of images: To defer loading of images until they are needed.
- Database Optimization: Cleanup records that are no longer needed to save space.
Want an industry-leading Speed Optimization plugin to take care of a lot of this for you?
Try WP Rocket!